What is NAD?
National Academic Depository (NAD) is an important initiative of Government of India facilitated by Ministry of Human Resource Development to facilitate issuance, storage and access of academic awards in an online depository system on the pattern of Securities Depository.
National Academic Depository (NAD) is a 24X7 online store house of all academic awards viz. certificates, diplomas, degrees, mark-sheets etc. duly digitised and lodged by academic institutions/ boards / eligibility assessment bodies. NAD not only ensures easy access to and retrieval of an academic award but also validates and guarantees its authenticity and safe storage.
What are the services that will be provided by NAD system?
NAD aspires to make the vision of Digital Academic Certificates for every Indian a reality. This touches the lives of Indian youth and empowers them with Digital, Online, Trusted, Verifiable Certificates which are accessible in a secure manner at all times. NAD promises to do away with difficulties / inefficiencies of collecting, maintaining, and presenting physical paper certificates. NAD is not only a database copy of the certificate records for Academic Institutes but a complete system for Issuing Online Certificates to Well Identified and Registered Students.
Brief about National Academic Depository (NAD)
Academic institutions such as Universities, Institutions of National Importance and School Boards, issue academic awards to students including degrees, diplomas and certificates along with marksheets and evaluation reports at the secondary, higher secondary and higher education levels. Records maintained in papers and registers are liable to spoilage over a period of time due to moisture and heat. They are also susceptible to other hazards like fire and rain etc. Students often face difficulties in obtaining copies of their certificates/marksheets whenever they are lost or destroyed or when students want more copies in original. Retrieval of old records maintained in paper or registers is cumbersome. The vision of National Academic Depository is born out of an initiative to provide an online store house of academic awards.
National Academic Depository comprises of two interoperable digital depositories viz. CDSL Ventures Limited (CVL) and NSDL Database Management Limited (NDML). These digital depositories have ensured hardware, network facilities and software of prescribed quality for smooth and secured operationalisation of NAD.
Users of NAD
- Students and other academic award holders
- Academic Institutions/Boards/Eligibility assessment bodies
- Verifying Entities i.e. banks, employer companies (domestic & overseas), Governmententities, academic institutions/boards/eligibility assessment bodies (domestic and overseas) etc.
How does NDML NAD helps us in understanding Depository system and using the same?
- NDML NAD would be happy to assist and hand-hold you in understanding and using Depository system and brings around its services closer to you in many ways:
- Training Manual and Presentations;
- Step by Step demonstration of various processes involved in the form of Online and Offline Videos for immediate reference;
- Access to NDML NAD pilot set-up where you can operate in a test environment and see the output and results before moving to live set-up;
- Training Programs & Presentations;
- Utilities for conversion of data and its preparation;
- NDML Regional Teams;
- NDML Mumbai Team;
- NDML NAD Help-desk
- NAD provides a 24X7 available online system for lodging, retrieval, authentication and verification of academic awards in digital format for the students, academic institutions /boards/eligibility assessment bodies and verifying users.
- It also provides an academic award database for data analytics to the Government/regulatory bodies/academic institutions etc.
- It eliminates fraudulent practices viz. forging of certificates and marksheets by facilitating quick, hassle-free and online verifications.
Reference: Ministry of Human Resource Development
Read more on official: National Academic Depository (NAD)