Teacher Spotlight - Akhilesh Peter -
Meet Mr. Akhilesh Peterin in March 2020 Teacher Spotlight series, who is not just educating but challanging status quo to improve education quality in his work scope and whatever is possible in his capacity. Our team recently met Mr. Peter and were amazed with his passion and his statement that teachers are the facilitators making things happen in the class room and outside.
Name: Mrs. Akhilesh Peter
School Name: St. Marry Education Centre
We spoke in detail with Mr. Akhilesh on various topics, here are some excerpts from our discussion.
Your overall experience in education field, National / International experiences, variety of work you have done in the education field.
Teaching is a noble profession. One doesn’t do intoteaching for the money but rather for the tinkle in the eyes of students when they have understood a concept you thought them or figured out for them how to solve a problem based on your guidance. Teachers are the facilitators making things happen in the class room and outside. The greatest compliment is when a student approaches you on bus or in the market place and tells us something like, you really helped me to learn and you shaped my future. This statement gives a great zeal and really a teacher is paid with love of the students as with regular work and practice you can gain the higher position in work field.
How did you choose the field of education?
I choose this institution because teaching is not just a profession, it is a mission. Children are like day that are moulded and shaped by the hands of teachers. No career, no work can be more rewarding and respectable than that of a teacher. Teaching is like a shower which is benefitted to all equally.
The love and affection the respect that students shower on a teacher. Who is able to inspire them in all sphere of like so, I choose the teaching profession as a second option in life.
What would you like to mention for your greatest achievements in field of education? Which gives you a sense of satisfaction?
1. The best achievement one can get after being a teacher is to treat each day as new.
2. The utmost satisfaction after satisfaction students and their parents.
3. I learned a lot through teachings. It gives me a chance to learn a new thing each day.
4. Respect through dedication in quality work.
5. Through teaching I can improve myself each day I learn something new.
How has the education system changed as per your view since you were a student yourself?
The education system should be changed.
1. The School must be encouraged to introduce conception learning which avoids students to mug up what they are being taught.
2. The government need to take the baton in their hands and eradicate note learning from the school at all the levels.
3. Instead of focussing the evolution on a there hour exam, the focus of evaluation should be class room participation by a student’s projects, communication and leadership skill and extracurricular activities.
4. Student should rather be pursuer the suspect that they like instead of creating a differentiation between subjects.
5. School must embraces technology and education with an open heart and propagate the same to the students as it is there, where their future lies.
What are the qualities you think an individual should possess to be a good teacher or work in field of education?
As a teacher one should posses many qualities we should develop a good relationship with students. The student must have trust on the teacher under whose guidance they are learning. The teacher must be caring and kind to students no doubt strictness is required in teaching but rudeness should not be there. A good teacher must be dedicated to their work.
Teaching should always help their students. The main thing or quality the teacher should possess id that he or she must know how to engage students in work, he or she should motivate students to succeed. A teacher must be a good communication with the ability of a good listener.
How do you handle discipline problems? What is the most difficult aspect of discipline for you?
Discipline can be improved in many ways.
1. Be worm, kind and friendly but never familiar to your students.
2. Have rules that are fair and cover all types of subjects enforce rules fairly and consistently.
3. Raise your eyebrows not your voice.
4. Keep students buys and involved. The more engaged your students are in learning the less they will cause problems.
5. Don’t be stuck at the front of the room, feel to walk around as you teach keep your eye on each student. Disrespect, define, aggression and bullying are the most common disciplinary issues.
If you were to change 1-2 things in our Indian education system, what would be those & why?
The two main things I would like to change in education system, feisty I say that the Education must be trained, teachers play the most important role in school and hence, they should be given the best class training, after all they are shaping the future of the nation the children.
In present era of machine and internet on education system must not be apart from the technology students must be taught about technology right from early years of their alien things in their later times.
What is your philosophy of teaching?
Teaching is not just about getting degree; it’s about getting knowledge logically and understanding through practice. As said by ‘’Joyce Meyer’’ Teacher can change lives with just the right of mix of chalks and challenges. The world of knowledge takes a crazy turn, when teachers themselves are thought to learn.
What is your suggestions or guidance for today’s parents in shaping up children’s personality? Especially in this Online or computer age..
I would like to request today’s parents to make their children aware of what is hard work and what is a key to success. They should let them (their kids) live with their dreams parents should not force their children to do what they want. They should encourage them with their choice. They should tell their children son behind knowledge they can get great success.
What are the three most important strengths you possess that will make you a successful teacher? Also any weakness in you which you want to improve upon?
As teaching is my first love. ‘’I never taught any students for money since vary beginning of my teaching.
- I always help my students in all respects. I make my students able to live better life. I teach them to take decision in all the conditions
- I always let them to live their dreams. I always have respect for my all students and encourage them for good performance.
- As a teacher, I am a learner. Everyday day I learn something new from my students. I usually discuss and help them to take good decisions.
If you had not been a teacher or not associated with education field, what would you have been and why?
Since childhood I have only one dream to serve people in a humble way. Teaching was not the first choice of my life. Firstly I wanted to be a successful doctor. With God’s grace I become a shaping future of students.
What do you want to accomplish in your profession in next 5 years?
I would wish to be at a designations or a platform from where I get freedom to speak right for the right to teaches and benefits of students. I would like to become a mediator for the parents and students, so that I can fill the gap between them. In next five years I would like to be recognised as a successful teacher and as an expert in this secret. I would like to serve my nation with modern technology.
Any other things you would like to share about yourself, your profession, your hobbies, your views?
My love towards music, travelling, art and nature has helped me to fill my stressed life with love neutrality. I got in several project and activities which have given me a rich variety of experience and team work.
How would you rate our website yayskool.com especially this teacher spotlight program?
Excellent app, which help teachers and parents in a systematic way this app will give everybody to find school in their desired place it is a great app which help to communicate parents and teachers.
We would like to thank Mr. Akhilesh for his contributions and work he is doing evreyday, preparing future for a better society, better India. Thank You !!
TEACHERS SPOTLIGHT PROGRAM
The role of a teacher in society is both significant and valuable.It has far-reaching influence on the society he lives in and no other personality can have an influence more profound than that of a teacher. Students are deeply affected by the teacher's love and affection, character, competence, and moral commitment.
Yet teachers don't get their due respect and credit these days. We have started a Teacher Spotlight program where we recognise the effort of these silent and true Heroes of our society and tell their story.
Note: Please send your thoughts/suggestion or concern/complaints to [email protected]